Meet our Team at TheFork: Jack Jones
Jack Jones, Inside Sales
1. When you were little, what job did you want to do when you grew up?
An actor, dancer, X-man or vampire slayer – avid Buffy fan!
2. What was your very first job?
A paper boy - I lasted 2 weeks & 3 days and valued sleep more than $25 at the end of the week!
3. Can you tell us a little about your career progression to this point?
I have always worked for and thoroughly enjoyed representing a marketing acquisition platform to help drive in new customers.
I worked at Wowcher & LivingSocial in the UK before coming to Australia and joining Groupon ANZ.
My main focus has been new business so this is a slight change with Account Management but nevertheless equally as enjoyable!
4. Can you share the high-level responsibilities of your role at TheFork?
To build trust and value with my restaurants in my main priority. Ensuring the restaurants are generating the best results possible, gaining what they want from working with us whilst having the best possible experience.
5. What is your favourite restaurant?
Ah so hard! Ms G’s has awesome food and drinks (aloe vera cocktail is a must try and have you ever heard of something as magical as a cheeseburger spring roll?!). Service is great, atmosphere is always good – if you haven’t been it’s a must visit!)
6. Tell me about your best food related experience?
My best food related experience would be this restaurant in Fuengirola, Spain, Moochers. A live jazz restaurant with great meals, great atmosphere and desserts with alcohol! It became a special place very quickly for my family and I and we always visit when in the area.
7. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
Weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten… I’m quite a fussy eater to be honest! Maybe pigeon?! That’s not that strange… and it’s actually kind of delicious.
8. If you could open your own restaurant what would the concept be?
My restaurant would be called Fortnight and we would change the menu every 2 weeks.
We would make specific things like meatballs (all different kinds), chicken wings, different funky lasagnes (think classic, peri peri chicken, beef and peppercorn sauce… it would be wild).
9. What are the 3 apps that you can’t live without?
Instagram, Messenger & Twitter – how millennial of me.
10. Name your 4 dream dinner guests?
Queen Elizabeth, Ariana Grande, Conor McGregor and Amy Winehouse.