Meet our Team at TheFork: Molly Ward
20 July 2021
Molly Ward, Account Manager
- When you were younger, what job did you want to do when you grew up?
I wanted to be a fashion designer, a make-up artist or a nurse.
- What was your very first job?
My first job was front of house in a pizza shop where I took orders, answered the phone and made coffee. I loved getting to know the regular customers and of course the best part.. free pizza after every shift!
- Can you tell us a little about your career progression to this point?
After University, I landed my first role in sales which began my career in tech. I have continued to develop my sales and account management skills in this tech space with an interest in marketing.
- Why did you make the move to TheFork?
I love working for businesses that I use myself, especially being in sales it really makes a difference when you believe in the product. I also am lucky enough to have some great friends here that gave the culture a glowing review so I knew it would be the right move!
- Can you share the high-level responsibilities of your role at TheFork?
My role as an Account Manager is to support and build strong relationships with our restaurant partners. It’s really important to understand each restaurants individual needs to make sure they are set up for success and that they get the absolute best from the platform, network and team.
- What does a typical day look like for you?
First, coffee! I then like to start my day being active so either a walk, yoga or gym session. I’ll then make my way to work and start contacting my restaurants. Lunch time for me is about being social so will chat to my colleagues and have a few laughs! Once the work day is over I will either catch up with friends for dinner or watch some terrible reality show on TV.
- What is your favourite restaurant?
China Doll in Woolloomooloo
- Tell me about your best food related experience?
I recently went to Cupitts Winery in NSW South Coast for my Birthday with friends where we had the degustation with matching wines. Everything was delicious and we all had such a fabulous time.
- What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
I tried scorpion and crocodile when I was in Cambodia.. the crocodile just tasted like chicken but I think everyone says that when they try something weird!
- If you could open your own restaurant what would the concept be?
I think it would be a little health cafe by the beach. As Australian (and maybe boring) as it sounds, I just love going to brunch with friends and ordering avocado on toast. On the other hand, I’d love to open a Modern Australian restaurant which offers lots of fresh seafood and would be a place on everyone’s list for a special occasion!
- What are the 3 apps that you can’t live without?
- Name your 4 dream dinner guests?
Hamish Blake, Matthew McConaughey , Hugh Grant, Margot Robbie