ResDiary: Use Facebook and Instagram pages to boost your restaurant bookings!
Use TheFork Restaurant Booking widget on social media to get more reservations
Diners LOVE taking pictures and posting them on Instagram and Facebook, it is an intuitive way to share their restaurant experience to their network. That is why Facebook and Instagram are key channels for foodies to spread the word and influence like-minded people to visit these restaurants.
Why adding a Restaurant Booking Widget brings value to your restaurant business
- Diners visiting your Facebook or Instagram pages can book a table at your restaurant directly from the booking widget on your page.
- As a restaurant partner, no commission is charged for bookings made via Facebook or Instagram Booking widget.
- Diners save time making a booking because their information is pre-filled in the checkout, using their Facebook profile information.
- The Booking experience is mobile-friendly, fast and efficient.
Curious to see how a user can make a booking on Instagram and Facebook?
Here are the 6 quick steps for a diner to complete a booking on your social media pages.
Here’s how to add a booking button to your restaurant’s Facebook/Instagram page
TheFork Restaurant Dashboard
- Login in to your TheFork Restaurant Dashboard
- Click on “Widget Embed Code”
- Select “Set up Reserve Button” under the Facebook Reserve button section
- You will be redirected to Facebook to select the page you would like the button to appear for
- Select “Continue” this will allow TheFork to connect with Facebook on your page
- Review the settings, modify if required and when you are ready to proceed, click “Continue”
- Please wait a few moments for the connection to be completed, once this is connected, select “Done"
Congratulations! Your Facebook page will now be configured with TheFork. The URL of the booking widget has automatically been added/updated!
Tip: Linking your Facebook page first will result in the button being automatically added to your Instagram account as well.
- Go on your Instagram Profile and click on “Edit Profile”
- Click on “Contact options”
- Click on “Add an action button”
- Select “TheFork.com” in the list of suggested providers
- You will be automatically redirected to TheFork Manager: please use your TheFork Manager credentials to login and connect your account
- Click on “Continue as theforkbook” and wait a couple of