Your restaurant on TheFork
Publish your restaurant on TheFork to boost your visibility and increase your reservations whenever you need
- Get Online Visibility
- Manage an Online Booking system
- Monitor the number of Reservation
- Use promotional marketing tools
- Collect customer reviews
Introduce your restaurant to the world
A detailed profile of your restaurant is published on TheFork. You manage your restaurant’s image and update the information on your profile (menu, pictures, prices, etc.).
- This detailed profile provides an online showcase for your restaurant and allows you to increase your online visibility.
- TheFork makes every effort to ensure that your restaurant is optimized on search engines (Google, Yahoo ...) and works with a network of over 100 partner sites.
- Not a single customer will be able to miss your restaurant.
"“Four out of five customers use the Internet to look for restaurants”
Help customers to make a reservation in your restaurant
With TheFork, it’s easier for customers to make a reservation. 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from any device (computer, tablet, or smartphone). They can check your availability in real time and instantly receive an automated booking confirmation via SMS and e-mail when they make a reservation.
Your customers are already online, join them.
A wide range of tools are available to promote your restaurant
- Use promotional offers represent to increase your reservations – but there are so many other ways to do this...
- Participate in local theme events (festivals, restaurant weeks, etc.)
- Get the most of the Newsletter sent weekly to TheFork customers
- Participate to our Yums loyalty program
- And much more...
Receive customers when you need it most
Depending on your needs, you can open and close online reservation and even set the number of covers available for online reservations yourself. You are free to adjust this number depending on the days and time slots of your choice.
For example, you can boost the start and end of your services and increase your turnover...
Use your customers’ opinions to increase your reservations
After their meal, your customers will be invited to leave a review on TheFork (only customers that have actually visited your restaurant).
This is very valuable information for:
- Attract new customers, who view these reviews when they look for a restaurant.
- Promote your restaurant (the score is incorporated into your restaurant ranking).
- Identify areas for improvement in your customer service.
- Motivate your team with customer feedback.
“Customers say that, on average, they look at between 6 and 12 reviews before choosing a restaurant".