Be ready to welcome back diners with TheFork
As restrictions are easing and restaurant doors begin to reopen, TheFork is here to help you welcome diners back into your restaurant and rebuild your business.
TheFork provides the perfect tool to manage your reopening. Key features allow you to manage your online availability; record all guests; control customer flow; define the seating time allocation for each table; ensure the correct social distance between diners, and check the number of arrivals and departures throughout your services.
Continue reading for more information and key tips to consider when reopening your restaurant to diners.
Join TheFork today!
Attract more customers to your restaurant and be seen by more than 22 million potential customers in 22 countries.
Reopening you restaurant
TheFork provides the perfect tool to manage your reopening successfully, key features allow you to manage your online availability; record all guests; control customer flow; define the seating time allocation for each table; ensure the correct social distance between diners, and check the number of arrivals and departures throughout your services.
- Get back online offering restaurant reservations with TheFork, Australia’s leading online restaurant reservations platform.
- Adjust your floor plans to reflect post-covid-19 measure and ensure you are following local Government guidelines, such as but not limited to capacity limits, social distancing.
- Update your restaurant information such as trading hours, dine-in and/or takeaway services if applicable to avoid any disappointment from potential diners.
- Communicate the safety measures in place to ensure a safe dining environment.
Make some noise
A recent study conducted by TheFork showed that diners are ready to get back into an in-restaurant dining experience once restrictions have been lifted. This is a great opportunity to make it easy for diners to discover and book at your restaurant and provide them with the service that you are known to give!
- Update your Social Media profiles and let your fans know you're open for reservations.
- Update your restaurant information such as operating hours, menus, photos etc.. (Update your profile on TheFork)
- Re-engage your diners by sending an email to let them know you are now taking reservations.
Provide a safe dining environment
Create a safe and welcoming experience for both your staff and guests. Ensure your staff are informed of the safety measures you’ve put in place so that diners are comfortable to dine-in again
Key points to consider:
- Provide supplies such as masks, gloves, sanitiser to keep staff and guests safe.
- Reduce physical contact as much as possible
- Be mindful of guest preferences, without knowing the situation everyone is in, be sure to remain empathetic and focus on providing a dining experience to remember.
What you'll get from our best-in-class restaurant management system
Track your reservations
Record, modify and cancel all your reservations from one central system, whether they were made online, by phone or even walk-ins. This includes bookings from different sources as such Tripadvisor, TheFork, Google and Facebook.
Control your customer flow
Have full control over your bookings depending on your needs. You can set the number of covers available; close bookings when you’re fully booked; most importantly use the floor plan tool to ensure the correct social distance between diners.
Increase your online visibility
Boost your presence to millions of unique visitors and get more diners into your venue! Your restaurant has a customised page that you can manage and update, with your menu, pictures, prices, opening hours and reviews.
Communicate with your customers
Stay in touch with your customers and keep them updated with news from your restaurant by building your own customer database. Design and send emails and text messages directly via the software.
Watch TheFork Manager in action and see how TheFork, one of Australia's leading online restaurant reservations platform can help you manage the reopening of your restaurant.